I am a Salem resident, having moved to the Mid Willamette Valley in 2008. Prior to that I owned and operated a brokerage in Buffalo County Wisconsin, based near Mondovi. Our focus was on rural agricultural and hunting properties, along with handling the area commercial and residential work.
I have been an Amateur Radio Operator for many years, and am an active member of the Amateur Radio Emergency Services (ARES) unit of Oregon Emergency Management.
- I have attained the CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Member) designation. CCIM training provides operational tools for in-depth analysis of each transaction or on each variation of a proposed transaction. Tools include discounted cash flow analysis, net present value calculations, and internal rate of return calculations, all of which provide clients the means to a fuller understanding of their transactions and to be able to assist commercial real estate investors, commercial clients and customers on topics such as evaluating the merits of owning a property vs. leasing that property under a specific set of conditions.
- An active Realtor for many years, I was first licensed as a Broker in 1985. My previous practice was based in Western Wisconsin with a focus on transactions for land sales as well as targeted acquisitions as a Buyer's Agent. The project mix also included some retail business transactions and residential work as well. Real estate transactions at times involved the use of IRS 1031 Exchange Rules on either the Seller’s or Buyer’s sides of the transactions, and a qualified exchange was often a component of the transaction for both parties. Another aspect of the exchange concept when the Seller’s property to be relinquished had not yet sold and closed required that we work with a qualified intermediary to coordinate a structure known as reverse exchanging to accommodate the appropriate timing for that particular transaction, allowing the investor to maximize the returns on that particular property.
Commercial Real Estate Background Information
For a time in the mid 1990s, I was in charge of a development firm specializing in multi-family housing projects utilizing Affordable Housing Tax Credits, the Illinois Affordable Housing Trust Fund and additional specialized mortgage products to produce the financing for those projects. I oversaw the projects from initial concept through sustaining occupancy, including the on-site project management duties to coordinate the efforts of the development team with those of the General Contractor.
Due to this varied set of experiences, I am able to provide clients and customers with service focused upon identifying and implementing the solutions to their real estate needs. From assisting in the sale or purchase of homes and land through the wide variety of commercial projects, I am there to serve clients and customers. Whether the client is an end user searching for the best fit to place a business into a commercial site, or an investor searching for long term income to be derived from investing in Willamette Valley or Oregon Coast real estate, I have the training and experience to get the job accomplished.
Certifications and Recognitions
- Licensed Oregon Principal Broker
- Licensed Wisconsin Managing Broker
- CCIM - Certified Commercial Investment Member
- Experienced Buyer Representative
- Experienced 1031 Exchange Broker